Get down to the 2018 Melbourne Leisurefest!
Making memories in the great outdoors is an Australian tradition – relaxing on holidays with family, camping with friends, scenic bike rides and fishing on the banks of a river. The Melbourne Leisurefest is where these memories begin!
Join us and escape to Melbourne Leisurefest this Thursday to Sunday – come and discover the latest the industry has to offer for a quality outdoor lifestyle experience!
The 2018 Melbourne Leisurefest will return to the Sandown Racecourse from Thursday 4 October – Sunday 7 October showcasing a vast range of the industry’s finest and most innovative products.
Presented by the Caravan Industry Association Victoria (CIA VIC), supported by the Victorian Automobile Chamber of Commerce (VACC), major partner ‘Dometic’ and partners the event is tailored to provide something for everyone from the seasoned caravanner to the novice outdoor adventurer!
With over 220 exhibitors and hundreds of brands on display, making this the perfect place to check out why caravan and camping is Australia’s favourite way to holiday.
Visitors to the show will be able to explore some of the most extensively appointed caravans, camper trailers and motorhomes on the market. These homes-away-from-home offers features such as bathrooms, air con, kitchens, washing machines, TVs, microwaves, outdoor BBQs – and so much more. And there will be the chance to take home one of the five ‘Go Make Some Memories’ Passport to Freedom prizes with first prize being $5,000 cash to fund your next outdoor adventure.
‘If you’ve never taken a look inside today’s modern recreational vehicles, this is your chance, and we guarantee you’ll be impressed,’ Caravan Industry Association Victoria, CEO, Rob Lucas said.
‘Melbourne Leisurefest provides the perfect opportunity to explore all the options, with the added convenience of them all being in the one location. This year patrons will also have the opportunity to test drive certain types of motorhomes, new cars and tow vehicles that they are considering purchasing at the show. For the thrill seekers, they are encouraged to drop by the Four-Wheel Drive circuit for a fun-filled adventure – these are just some of the many experiences our show patrons can participate in.’
People can also come along and find out how to rent a caravan for the road trip they have always dreamed about along with accessing tourism information to plan where their next outdoor escape will be.
‘With Spring underway, Melbourne Leisurefest is the perfect time for buying new equipment, accessories or updating your caravan and camping gear in preparation for the summer holidays,’ stated Rob Lucas.
Along with an amazing range of caravans, pop-tops, tents, camper trailers, motorhomes, campervans, slide-ons, 4WDs, camping and outdoor accessories on display, there are many other exciting things to do and see at the Melbourne Leisurefest including:
- Celebrity Entertainers –
- Merv Hughes (Thursday – Sunday) – talking all about fishing and caravanning: One of Australia’s most recognised cricket identities turned fishing fanatic, Merv Hughes loves to go on fishing and caravanning adventures across the country. The Aussie sporting legend will speak on all things angling, trawling and casting, as well as sharing his best catches from his national fishing show, Merv Hughes Fishing;
- Dr Katrina Warren (Friday – Sunday) – speaking on ‘Travelling with Pets’: Passionate about helping people enhance the special bond that is shared with pets, much-loved celebrity vet and pet travel expert, Dr Katrina Warren will speak on travelling with pets, the benefits to both family and dog and her top tips and tricks for hitting the road with your four-legged companion in tow;
- A variety of entertainers on the main stage and throughout the show;
- Plenty of free rides and a free colouring in show bag for the children;
- Dog’s welcome again this year to enhance the full family experience;
- Vintage Van display including some restored classics with matching vintage cars; and
- Much much more!
‘Once again, for the convenience of our patron’s the AL-KO International free courtesy carts will be operating throughout the show and free parking available at the Sandown Racecourse, entry from Corrigan Road or Princes Highway,’ stated Rob Lucas.
Rob Lucas, further commented ‘With 7.1 million Australians staying in a caravan holiday park, camping ground or national park in the last two years this is a growing industry and the Melbourne Leisurefest is where these memories can begin.’
Tickets are now available online https://melbourneleisurefest.com.au/Home
- Adult – $16;
- Pensioner / Concession – $13;
- Children 15 years and under are FREE when accompanied by an adult; and
- Two Day Pass: Adult – $21 and Pensioner / Concession – $18.
Gates are open 9.30am to 5pm on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, and 9.30 am to 4 pm on Sunday.