El Questro – The Heart of the Kimberley
Macca catches up with the girls from El Questro to talk about what there is to do, and why you should make El Questro your next holiday destination.
The Heart of the Kimberley
Amid the vast and ancient landscape of Western Australia’s East Kimberley region sits the untamed natural beauty of El Questro.
A destination unlike any other and offers the freedom to explore one of Australia’s last true frontiers, from deep gorges and majestic mountains to thermal springs, mud and salt flats, rainforests and cascading waterfalls everything the Kimberley has to offer is located on the property’s 700,000 acres and is why they say that El Questro is the heart of the Kimberley.
The Top MUST DO El Questro Experiences…
- Waterfalls – Some accessible only by helicopter, others via an easy walk
- Hikes and Treks – Ranging Intensity
- Swimming holes and thermal springs
- Ancient Gorges – Many with lush tropical gardens and waterfalls
- Unique fishing locations – Some accessible only by helicopter
- Majestic lookouts where you will fully appreciate the expanse of the region
- Mighty River Systems – Three of these run through El Questro
- Wildlife and Flora – Home to over 100 species of birds
- Accommodation from private camping under the stars to the luxury of the homestead
Perched on a clifftop with views across the Chamberlain River and Gorge, El Questro Homestead is an oasis of privacy and understated luxury in one of the country’s wildest and most beautiful regions.
El Questro Homestead allows you to fully immerse in an outback experience that is both adventurous and luxurious.
The Station is the central hub of El Questro, offering air-conditioned resort style bungalow accommodation. On the banks of the Pentecost River, sprawling evergreen station lawns provide contrast to the surrounding Kimberley Landscape.
Great place for a real family holiday.
With 60 safari-style tented cabins, with ensuites, this is a comfortable way for the whole family to sleep under canvas, while still being surrounded with a few home comforts. This unique location brings nature to your doorstep, allowing you to immerse yourself in the nature, flora and fauna of the region with the added touches such as a swimming pool, on-site restaurant and wifi.
The Black Cockatoo Campground is equipped with new architect-designed shower blocks and camp kitchens with BBQ’s and laundries. For an extra surcharge, you can secure one of our 60 powered sites.
With something for everyone, El Questro is the place you want to visit!
Check out their website for more information