Salt and Vinegar Flathead is the ultimate people pleaser!
Sometimes your tummy start to rumble for something you can’t quite put your finger on, we all know the feeling! Hopefully you have a packet of salt and vinegar chips lying around, because these Salt & Vinegar Flathead are the perfect crunchy treat and it’s even perfect for the fussy fish eater. Talk about a crowd pleaser!
Salt and Vinegar Flathead
– Packet of salt and vinegar chips, crushed
– 1 fillet of boneless flathead for each person
– 2 eggs, whisked
– Plain flour
– Sunflower oil for cooking
1. Crush chips- this is easily done by putting them into a snap-lock bag and crushing them with a rolling pin.
2. On three seperate plates, place plain flour, egg and crushed chips ready for coating
3. Lightly coat fillet in flour, then dip into egg covering the whole fillet
4. Coat the fillet in chips, set aside and repeat with remainder of fillets
5. Heat oil in frying pan on medium heat, place crumbed fillet in the oil and cook for one minute each side or until golden brown.
6. Place on paper towel to drain off excess oil
7. Serve with chips and salad