Quinoa and Thyme Chicken Schnitzel!
Add extra crunch to your chicken schnitzel with this golden quinoa crumb!
To Prep: 20mins
To Cook: 30mins
Serves: 4 People
- 2 large Coles RSPCA Approved Chicken Breast Fillets
- 2 cups (120g) quinoa flakes
- 1 tablespoon thyme, chopped
- 1/2 cup (90g) rice flour
- 2 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs, lightly whisked
- Olive oil spray
- 600g pumpkin, seeded, cut into wedges
- 600g broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Natural yoghurt, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
Preheat oven to 220C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
Cut each chicken breast horizontally into 2 thin fillets. Combine the quinoa flakes and thyme in a shallow bowl. Place the rice flour and egg in separate bowls. Season the egg. Dip the chicken in rice flour to coat, then dip in the egg. Place in the quinoa mixture and turn to coat. Place on the prepared tray with the pumpkin and broccoli. Spray with oil spray. Bake, turning chicken halfway through cooking time, for 30 mins or until chicken is cooked through. Drizzle honey over the vegetables. Stand for 5 mins to cool slightly.
Divide the chicken and vegetables among serving plates. Top with the yoghurt and serve with lemon wedges.
Recipe from taste.com.au