Fresh simple meal with a bit of crunch!
Looking for a fresh, simple meal with a little bit of crunch, check out this Battered Flathead Tails & Rainbow Salad recipe for a delicious colourful feast!
- Fresh Rocket and Spinach leaves (washed)
- 1 x Capsicum
- 1 x punnet of Cherry Tomatoes
- Chia seeds
- 1 x punnet of blueberries and raspberries
- 1 x Avocado
- Apple Cider Vinegar and Macadamia Oil (for the dressing)
1. Prepare the Capsicum, Cherry Tomatoes and Avocado by cutting them up whichever way you prefer
2. Toss a few handfuls of Spinach and Rocket into a large salad bowl
3. Add the Capsicum, Cherry Tomatoes, Almonds, Pepitas , Chia Seeds, Blueberries, Raspberries and Avocado to the bowl
4. In a separate bowl, mix 1 part Macadamia Oil to 2 parts Apple Cider Vinegar for your dressing
5. Dress your salad and toss before serving
Battered Flathead Tails
- Flathead Tails
- 3/4 cup of Plain Flour
- 1 bottle of beer
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
1. In a large bowl, simply add 3/4 cups of Plain Flour and 1 bottle of beer, whisking together until combined
2. Coat the flathead tails in the batter mix
3. Fry fish in vegetable oil, in batches, until batter is golden and crisp
4. Serve with the Rainbow Salad for a delicious fresh and simple meal!