Women in the Caravanning Industry!
Macca catches up with Jess from Apollo Caravan & RV Sales at the Perth Caravan and Camping show to discuss how there are more women in the industry than ever before.
10 Years ago the caravanning industry was very much Male dominated. These days the Vast majority of Caravanning companies in Western Australia have females in the office.
Apollo Caravan & RV Sales is a division of Apollo Tourism & Leisure Ltd (ATL). ATL is listed on the Australian Stock Exchange and is a multinational, vertically integrated manufacturer, rental fleet operator, wholesaler and retailer of a broad range of recreational vehicles, including motorhomes, campervans and caravans.
Inspirational Women of the Caravanning Industry!
(Director of New Age Caravans)
- ONLY female CEO and owner in the Australian RV Industry
- It was Gabby who spearheaded New Age’s mission to modernise the offerings of the caravan industry, with the aim of appealing to a wider market than the traditional grey nomads
- 2015 Gabby was a nominee in the entrepreneur category of the Telstra Business Women’s Awards
(CEO of CCIA NSW)
- She has been at the helm of the CCIA NSW since 2012 and for four years before that, she was an integral part of promoting domestic tourism as the head of Tourism NSW
- Having worked in the tourism and leisure industries for more than 30 years she is undertaking a font of knowledge and wisdom
- In her career, she has never felt that being a woman has been a disadvantage
(Director Principal of Watson’s and RV’s Coffs Harbour; Vice-President of the CCIA NSW board; Board member of the Caravan Industry Association Australia)
- Has been working in the Caravan Business since 1981, when she started selling vans in partnership with her husband Max.
- In the 25 years since then, she has carried out a real presence in the industry
- In 2015 she was elected to the board of the Australian Caravan Industry’s peak body, the Caravan Industry Association of Australia.
(Director of Avida RV)
- The RV industry is in her blood. Avida RV was started by her parents in 1965
- She spent her entire life in and around motorhomes and caravans
- These days she takes care of the company’s marketing and interior design of its offerings.
To learn more about these amazing women visit this website!