Sunrise launches Let’s Go Caravan & Camping 2015
Channel Seven’s Sunrise will next week (January 12 – 16) be broadcasting weather from five spectacular caravan park locations around Australia. This week initially launched pre-Christmas but due to the unfortunate events in Martin Place, Sydney it was cut short that week.
This activity is specifically designed to:
- Showcase the strong relationship between holidays in Australia and the caravanning and camping lifestyle
- Provide inspiration for consumers to consider caravanning and camping for their next holiday option, we are in peak season but Australia day weekend, Easter holiday and weekend breaks are great options.
- To change public perceptions of the caravan holiday park industry.
The week long promotion will be supported online through the custom-built hub on the Yahoo7 website to launch the new industry marketing campaign – ‘Let’s Go Caravan & Camping’ – and is estimated by the Caravan Industry Association of Australia to deliver over $2.5 million worth of media value to help promote the new brand and the industry at large.
Let’s Go Caravan & Camping will replace the existing ‘Experience Caravanning and Camping’ slogan, including:
- Launch of new consumer website
- Bigger and better VIP Club program and eNewsletter
- Changing the Facebook page name
- Revamped television commercial
- New photo library and marketing collateral
Let’s Go Caravan & Camping will be heavily promoted through 2015 to generate both interest in our sector, and activity through industry businesses and state association consumer shows.
Sunrise weather presenter Edwina Bartholomew will visit five locations in four states over the week highlighting the fun places, people and activities, which a caravanning and camping holiday can provide.
This is one example of how valuable industry contributions are used to provide leveraged marketing returns for the industry as a whole.